Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Vanilla Bakeshop Cupcake Babies

Miniatures of Vanilla Bakeshop's original cupcakes, the cupcake babies are cute bite-sized treats for the tastebuds. Just the right size to enjoy more than one without guilt, they are for people tempted to try all the different flavors. Vanilla Bakeshop offers a set of 6 flavors baked daily (Red Velvet, Vanilla Bean, Mom's Birthday Cake, Chocolate Vanilla Bean, Black & White, and Bittersweet Dark Chocolate) and also a set of cupcakes rotated by day. The changing menu includes flavors like Spicy Carrot, Pumpkin, Toasted Coconut, Strawberries and Cream, and Chocolate Raspberry.
The cake texture is firm yet fluffy and the frosting is not so unbearably sweet . My personal favorite is the Southern Red Velvet with its sweet cream cheese frosting.Yum! I think these cupcakes taste better than the more popular and hip Sprinkles cupcakes.Vanilla Bakeshop
512 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-458-6644
www.vanillabakeshop.com
Hours
9am - 7pm Monday thru Saturday
10am - 6pm Sunday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Vanilla Bakeshop! Their mini cupcakes are the perfect size. Instead of getting boggled thinking about which giant cupcake I want to eat (like I do at other cupcake shops), I can just get a bunch of different flavors to try! It's great...especially with cupcake shops opening around every other corner. Who has time to visit every shop and try a different flavor each visit!? By the time I found my favorite shop with my favorite flavor, I wouldn't even want cupcakes anymore! ...and I'd probably look like Mo'nique.

Keep up the good posts!