Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Boule Atelier

While looking through Eater LA yesterday, I found out about the special preview event for Boule Atelier's opening. To my luck, I had just enough to time to RSVP to the tasting. So, on a school night, my sister and I dressed up in our cutest casual dresses and drove to La Cienega Blvd. As we circled to find parking, I caught a glimpse of the new store. Candlelit high tables were surrounded by people who were talking and enjoying the treats circulating the store. I was definitely excited.
This event was not only for PR and press coverage, but also to give Boule's fans a sneak peek at the new store. The champagne was flowing and
shop was bustling with photographers, magazine writers, fellow foodies excitedly discussing the tasty treats. My sister and I were taken by the many pastries in the display case and the artisan breads lining the wall. But we weren't confined to the storefront. Everyone had access to the inside of the kitchen, where the magic actually happens. We munched on flaky croissants by the ovens and work tables.

Lucky for me, I had the chance to talk to David Myers, chef of Sona Restaurant and also the husband of Boule's creator, Michelle Myers. Myers says Boule Atelier will provide us with a more interactive experience. The windows into the kitchen allow visitors to clearly see patissiers and bakers create each delicacy. With three times the space of Boule up the street, customers can enjoy a broader selection of baked goods. Along with a pâtisserie, glâcerie, confiserie, and chocolaterie, the Atelier will also introduce a viennoiserie and boulangerie. The high tables, lighting and full window storefront really achieves the 20s-inspired Parisian vibe Boule was aiming for.The Atelier is the fresher, livelier version of the original Boule. I already know that I will be a frequent visitor!




some of the treats I tasted last night:
-korova sable cookies
-olive foccacia
-mini macarons in matcha green tea, rose raspberry and meyer lemon

-pâte de fruit
-cheese breadsticks
-croissant








All the atendees also received gift bags. yum.

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the samples and this great event.
I was a very lucky foodie last night! :]

Boule Atelier
430 N La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone: (310) 289-9977

more photos...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your blog posts. I'm so jealous you got to go to the launch party. i wish i had the chance to go. it looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

did you ever make it to sona or comme ca?

modernist from yelp