Sunday, September 9, 2007

Boule Macarons

At Boule, a pâtisserie on La Cienega, they sell gourmet chocolates, candies and confections, their own gelato and coffee with sandwiches and various baked goods. I've been to this store numerous times because I can't get enough of their delicious macarons. The macaron, not to be confused with the coconut-coated macaroon, is a traditional french pastry from northeastern France. It is made of egg whites, almond flour, icing sugar and sugar. Boule bakes them in many different flavors including meyer lemon, matcha green tea, vanilla, dulce de leche, passionfruit with chocolate, venezuelan chocolate, lavendar, pistachio, rose petal raspberry and other seasonal flavors. The macarons have a delicately crunchy outer shell covering the moist and chewy insides. The two merigue-like cookies sandwich a sweet center filling. Although I have yet to try macarons from another store and compare, these treats definitely satisfy my sweet tooth.

Look forward to a Boule review once I try the other yummies!

Boule Pâtisserie
420 N. La Cienega Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-289-9977
http://www.boulela.com

Hours
Monday through Saturday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 6:00pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You spelled macaroon wrong. Why are they colorful? Where are the coconut sprinkles???

...Just kidding. I hate macaroons. But I LOVE macarons!

Where did you get this picture? If only I could develop the ability to teleport through my screen, into those macarons. I'd devour them...then teleport into those sweet potato fries from Spitz. I know...that would be such a great talent to have. I wouldn't do anything heroic though. That's just not my style.